Inspired by Antônio Rogério Nogueira (UFC 114), I thought I'd try out the D'arce Choke today.....
What: D'arce Choke
Position: Half-guard
How: (for simplicity sake, I'll choke with the right arm). Slip your right arm behind your opponent's left arm, through and under the nape of their armpit (mirror arms). To check if you are in the correct position your right arm will be able to grab onto the back of your opponent's neck. Bring your left arm above opponent's head and under your left armpit, pushing your opponent's head forward with your left tricep. Now with your right hand, grab onto your left bicep and squeeze your left forearm up, closing your opponent's esophagopharyngeal space --> TAP!
Click on this if you haven't a hot clue what I'm talking about
Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful. I moved from mount to side hoping to secure it, but my opponent squimed free *boooooooooo* however, I ended the day with an ankle lock and two guillotines + one failed triangle. (tips on which I still want to blog are defending the ankle lock, tips on a killer guillotine, and when a triangle doesn't triangle)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment