Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'll take your side mount and ESCAPE IT

(Last entry before the new year :P)

It is horrible horrible horrible to be in the side control of your opponent. This is the predicament I find myself in all the time, especially being smaller and lighter than everyone I grapple with. So I keep asking relentlessly for side escapes and FINALLY I was shown two efficient techniques that is worth blogging! (this so awesome youtube doesn't teach it HAH!) meh forget about regaining guard -> that's what they keep telling me and it doesn't work remember: you are on the bottom

Escape the BROKEN SCARFHOLD:

1. make a frame with your arms to create distance between you and your opponent
2. step your body away from your opponent.. and just keep stepping away, body flat on the ground. I guess you can shrimp while pushing your opponent away, but this rarely works for me as my opponent regains guard quickly.

Escape the SCARFHOLD:

1. the number one thing here is to try to get two underhooks. To do this, bridge into your opponent and squish your arm into the underhook. This may take a few tries. (note: you're still on the bottom). Once you have double underhooks, bridge extra high and turn into your opponent to toss him off.

... to be cont'd...

No comments:

Post a Comment